We are living an era of technology and we are witnessing some surprising developments in all fields, including hair restoration. It is very true to say that we have never seen so many options for people looking to treat their hair loss.
It is also correct to say that this industry has turned out to be particularly a type of market for “conscious buyers”, however, there are two types of techniques that are the most valuable procedures for hair restoration. To find out which one is best for you, read on and, after that, consult an expert surgeon to obtain more specific data.
Let’s analyze what is the best approach to growing hair: a hair transplant or other methods.
This type of procedure includes collecting live hair follicles from the sides and back of the head (donor areas) and embedding them in regions of the scalp that have run out of hair. Before this surgery is done, you should visit a surgeon to advise you. The surgeon will make a different diagnosis to decide if you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure or not.
- In general, it is a one-time treatment.
2. No other treatment can provide the kind of results that transplants provide.
3. These offer a permanent solution to baldness
4. Insertion procedures have been improved over the years, and the latest technique known as FUE (extraction of follicular units) emulates the way hair naturally develops.
5. Hair transplants, especially FUE, leave scars insignificant at present.
1. The healing time may be longer in some cases.
2. These do not address the reason for baldness and weight loss can occur in exceptional cases.
3. Occasionally, it may require more than 1 surgery.
4. Medications may be required to maintain the new development.
5. These are not appropriate for teenagers or people who have not yet completed the hair loss cycle.
Note: All these disadvantages can be easily resolved by visiting the hair transplant surgeon.
Medications for hair loss
Relatively few people would take advantage of the opportunity to go under the blade, so there are also some medicinal options. There are two medications for male pattern baldness that have shown positive results. However, these may have some side effects and should only be consumed after consulting your doctor. These medications can not offer the kind of amazing results compared to a hair transplant.
- Have a good success rate
2. Stimulate new hair growth
3. Easy to use
4. Effective to stabilize follicles and prevent detachment in the future
5. Beneficial for different hair problems and often used in combination treatment programs.
1. There is a long list of side effects that can occur due to these medications
2. Never consume without the doctor’s advice, as it can cause different problems
3. Not suitable for everyone.
4. It should be avoided by people with other health problems.